Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving Day 2013.
 
I had worked myself up to the hope of going out to eat for Thanksgiving dinner. Day or night I didn't care. It didn't happen. In fact the phone rang only once all day and that was my daily call from my sister who lives in a nursing home. She called to tell me all about her outing to a friends.
 
I had also been invited but being in the shape I am, health wise, it is hard for me to go to other people's homes. So I declined the 3 offers I had gotten.
 
As my day wore on I guessed I could have called some people but then they were all busy cooking and serving family.
 
So I ate a Buddig meat sandwich for lunch. Later in the day I planned to actually fix a meal but after 45 minutes my oven decided not to come on so all I had was a room full of gas smell to which I had to open a window for a bit. So, no oven baked anything. Thankfully I have a crock pot and microwave.
 
I checked the phone to see if it was working. I checked Facebook a few times only to see how everyone was enjoying their families and food.....so I went back to my book on tape and a cup of tea.
 
My neighbors grand daughter came over to play with the kittens, that was the highlight of my day.
 
There are many many reasons why someone is alone on a holiday. Mine is not unique. However I have come to the conclusion that this is the last one I spend alone. From now on, I'm going to find other singles, widows, orphans who don't necessarily want to be alone but they don't have much of a choice. We are going to go out to eat somewhere, even if it has to be fast food. We are going to give thanks, eat and get to know one another. Perhaps we will go somewhere together and serve.
 
Perhaps we will go shopping. And that's another thing. Don't be telling me not to shop on Thanksgiving. I can shop whenever I want to. Maybe that store that is open has a bunch of employees that are beyond thankful they have a job and can use the extra money. A few years ago my sister and I started going to a movie on holidays. Don't hear anyone complaining about filling your mind and thoughts with all that garbage on Thanksgiving.
 
Ok so there you have my Thanksgiving blog. LOL Next year will be better.
 
 
 
 


No comments: