Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reflecting


On this chilly May morning as I sit and enjoy my coffee and the cafe surroundings, I am of course reflecting on Mother's Day. My own mother left us in 1997 at the young age of 67. For a lot of people who have lost their parents, Mother's Day and Father's Day can be hard. But I remember the first Mother's Day that came around after my mother left when a friend of mine asked me if it bothered me. I recall shaking my head from side to side and saying flat out, "not at all", and I meant it. Sure it was a little on the bittersweet side, but I knew where mom had gone. I knew she no longer required a wheel chair, or strong pain killers or breathing treatments. She is now in a place where she has much more to do than sit around on a cloud playing a harp! Sure I miss her, but I don't let it get me down. I try and find other mother's and tell them "Happy Mother's Day", it makes me feel good. I'll do the same when Father's Day rolls around too!

1 comment:

Karen Lange said...

Lovely photo! What a wonderful perspective you have. Blessings for your weekend,
Karen