Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Plight of Mamma

I've been taking care of a stray cat for about a year now. She's had two litters of kittens that I have found homes for. She's a nice cat, doesn't 'stray' far from the house, gets in the car with me, is a happy cat. However a couple of weeks ago something happened to her tail. It has a patch where the fur has come off and it looks icky, not infected though. It doesn't seem to bother her. It does bother the two neighbor girls who were upset when the saw it. They came to the house with their mother and we talked about having the
'cat police' come and get it so that it could be taken care of. I then began to cry. I had to leave the house so that I wouldn't see them come and take her away. I drove around for a long time, did a couple of errands and when I started to head back home I saw the 'official' truck and decided to wait till it was gone. Finally I went back home and got settled, cried over the loss of a nice cat who I took care of and had a relationship with.

About an hour later I was in the kitchen and looked out the window and who did I see? You guessed it, there she was, looking in the window wondering where her dish of water was. I guess she bolted away from the 'cat police' ! Oh the emotions of it all.

No comments: