Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

One Single Valentine


*Revising an article I wrote in 2002*


As a single person, when Valentine's Day rolls around, it can be a good opportunity to do a lot of moaning and groaning. But I'll keep my whining brief. As I look back on the many Valentine's Days of my life, I sometimes think how nice it would have been to actually get some sort of endearment from someone other than my mom or a friend. Almost forty seven years on this earth and I have never received flowers or candy from anyone on Valentine's Day. But hey, it's ok. I will survive!


I did a little research of my own concerning Cupid's Day. I asked 25 single women, some friends, some people I didn't know, "what could we as singles do on Valentine's Day to make it a more special day for others?"


Whew! Touchy subject. Out of all the responses I got, only one was positive. The others were hurtful, negative responses. Valentine's Day made them miserable, vengeful, and some of them down right mean. Yikes.


Well, yes it can be depressing. Just like any other day can be if we let it. But it also tells me that we as Single Christian Women need to know this one little fact of life. IT IS OK TO BE SINGLE.


Part 2 to follow!

No comments: