Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Progress!

It is still raining. In the distance I can hear the rumbling of thunder and the singing of the red birds. Once again reminding me that even in the midst of storms there are things to be joyful about. Ever since the episode a couple of years ago with my former best friend, I have been praying for new relationships. And along with that prayer I have been asking God to send someone to help me take care of some many needs around my house that I can't do myself. Not only do I have some new relationships forming, I also have some of the needs around my house being taken care of! Someone at church pulled me aside one day and insisted I tell them what I'm in need of. So being the emotional person I sometimes am, I just blurted out several things. Within the next few weeks, those needs were being taken care of! I needed mulberry trees cut down and one day a tree service pulled up and did the job! FREE! I needed a new driveway and one day an asphalt service pulled up and did the job, FREE! I am so thankful to be a part of a church family that knows how to take care of one another.

God is so good.

As for my sister, I was laying on the couch last night and she was in her bed. She said, "hey, I just sat up on the edge of my bed by myself"....I said, "cool, now get up and walk".

She has never been able to set up by herself, I always have to help her. Sounds like a little step of progress but it's progress!

More Lord!!

No comments: