Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Name Change

I was in the Morton library the other day and I ran across a book by a well known author/speaker. Though she isn't one of my personal favorites I still liked the title of one of her older books. The word "confident" stood out for me. I said to myself, "that's it, that's the word I've been looking for". I'm using the word in my title as sort of a prophetic gesture.

When I hear the word "confident" I think of Maria, before she became a Von Trapp. In the movie, The Sound of Music, Maria is marching down the road with her suitcase and her guitar singing, "I Have Confidence." She's on her way to a new chapter in her life, not sure what is going to happen when she gets there but she's sure she has confidence. All will be well. And then she gets to the gates of the mansion and her cheery song lyrics stop. She looks at the estate and says, "oh help".

I am at a new chapter of my life. I turned a page several months ago and said, "oh help". My confidence does not come from myself though. It comes from God. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

I have confidence in sunshine
I have confidence in rain
I have confidence that spring will come again....The Sound of Music