Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pancakes and Conversation

So I got up and got dressed to head to Bob Evans for a pancake, or two. I had a brief conversation with the gas station clerk when I stopped for a morning paper, but driving toward my destination I gave yet another sigh of bewilderment as to why I'm always doing things alone these days. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just wondering. The hostess who didn't want to be working, directed me to a table, I would have preferred a booth. But I took the table and was about to sit down so I could look out the window when I got this strong push to set facing the other way. Ok. I began looking at the newspaper and I looked up to see someone I know walking towards me. Hadn't seen her in awhile, she has been going through some health issues ( who isn't  these days? ). Anyway we had a nice visit. She and her husband sat behind me and we were able to continue our visit and get caught up. Now, had I set where I really wanted to, I never would have seen her and vice versa. I believe that strong push to set where I don't normally set, was a nudge from our Heavenly Father. He knew I was in need of some conversation, some one on one time with a friendly face, and He turned me toward it.

No comments: