Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bittersweet Time


Be careful how you treat the ones you care about, you can never take back the hurt you may cause...

It is going to be a rather bittersweet weekend for me.

Five years ago my best friend and I had a parting of ways over something she did. I was hurt beyond belief and our friendship bit the dust as we knew it. It has never been the same. It has been mended, we still go out for a bite to eat once in awhile but the fun like we used to have is gone.

And now her wedding approaches. I've spent the last week or so contemplating why I'm emotional about it. Is it because she is getting what I have always dreamed of? No. It's because I miss being a part of the pre wedding activities that all best friends are a part of. The parties, the showers, the wedding planning, decorating, consulting etc etc.

I would have looked forward to all of that stuff. Now I'm just a guest.

Am I happy for her? Sure why not, anything else takes to much energy.

Deep breath, pretty smile, waterproof mascara!

No comments: