Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday Surprise

I have never suffered from a 'bah humbug' spirit. As long as I claim the joy of the Lord as my strength I will never be a Grinch. No matter what life circumstances come my way. Last night I whipped up several little loaves of my world famous Applesauce Cake. I brought a few with me this morning to the cafe to give to some of the 'regulars' that I converse with and know. Upon entering and getting settled at my table, I was told my breakfast was already paid for! I thank God that I was taught to do things for other people without complaining and to do it with a joyful heart. When you do, it makes you feel good. I think a lot of the 'bah humbug' moods and down and out spirits could be healed if we would do something for someone else without expecting anything in return. Maybe you've lost your job and money is tight, get out and volunteer. This year, Christmas will be hugely different for me. For the first time in 47 years, I will wake up alone. I know there are those out there who are worse off than that, but I'm just saying, it will be different. Sometimes though, it's good to be shaken up now and then. I will honor Christmas in my heart and life simply because of what the day means. Sure it's nice to get a gift or two but it's really not about me. After all it's not MY birthday, it's Jesus'. What do you give a guy that has everything? How about more of my time.

No comments: