Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Build a Bridge and Get Over It

I have come to the correct conclusion that those of us who don't really know God at all are the ones that can't find anything to be cheery about. First of all God has our names written on the palm of his hand. He knows the number of hairs on our head, He knew us before we were even born and for crying out loud He sent his only son to die for us that we may have life, abundant life. And here we are, woe is me, my job stinks, my life stinks, no one cares yadda yadda yadda. If only we knew how wrong we are. We have roofs over our heads, food on the table, our children lack nothing, and for crying out loud Jesus hung on the cross for us. What more do you want? My church has a food pantry and every Saturday morning we serve hundreds. We have page after page of prayer requests for these people, they have no jobs, no two story, three bedroom homes, they have rotten health situations, they have abuse in their lives and yet they trust and believe that our prayers can make a difference. You know, ten years ago I almost died and I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the prayers of my church family. Am I where I want to be in life? Not yet, am I complaining about it? Not usually, most of the time I'm trusting God for that abundant life He has promised. It's all about attitude. 'Be of good cheer'....and thou shall not whine. Don't like your circumstances? Do something to change them. Whining gets you no where. There, I said it. Now I shall move on!

No comments: