Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 6, 2009

My trip

How wonderful it is to have people in my life that bless me. After a hard year 'friendship' wise, I was reminded this week of how people in our every day lives can be such a blessing. I had such a wonderful day yesterday, on my own in Naperville and Wheaton. While my friend was at her conference I once again wondered around the city. After checking out of the hotel at eleven, I found the huge Border's and spent over an hour there. I read, I wrote. I left my laptop at home and was glad I did. I knew where I was going to have lunch, same place I always do, The Corner Bakery. However this time I wasn't satisfied with my food and about two hours later I found myself in a Mexican Cantina eating a couple of tacos! I found my faveorite thrift store, "The Wise Penny" and bought a few things including yet another cookbook!! I even found an antique store and had a visit with the owner, we talked about old aprons. When friends treat you as though you are family, and hand over their car keys to you and say, "have fun"....you know you are truly blessed and have no room to complain about anything. It really is the nicest birthday present I have ever had, and I've had it for three years now! :-) The Lord really does have our best interests at heart.

No comments: