Total Pageviews

Friday, June 19, 2009

Morning Thoughts

As I sit here sipping my cup of French Roast, I'm thinking about my neighbors. I've lived in the same house for 46 years and I've seen it all come and go. Some has stayed longer than we've liked but that's another story. On our left is a young family we've known for years, they lived there, they moved, they came back and we are so grateful. We look out for one another, we visit, we do things for each other, their young son mows and shovels snow for us and his parents wont let us pay him. Still, we do something for him from time to time. He refers to himself as 'the lean mean mowing machine', he's only ten. Across the street are some odd characters. A guy and his son who comes on the weekends. Next to him is Handy Andy, a handyman by trade, to bad he doesn't do some handy dandy work on his house. Odd people, she never leaves the house, no curtains to open. When she does she's always dressed in black. Their grown children live there too. Very odd, but we speak. On my left is the house I grew up spending a lot of my time in. They were my second family. They have all gone now but ex relatives of theirs now live there which is again rather odd. They have kept the house up very nicely, wish at times I could go in and reminisce, I'm sure they have no idea who I am or that I know all about them. There are other houses in the neighborhood with people that have lived in them as long as I have lived in mine. But sometimes I wonder what goes on around here at night. I think I'll dig up an old copy of the movie THE BURBS and watch it for a laugh or two.....while I keep my door locked and my binoculars handy!

No comments: