Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Today's Mishap

Ok folks, have you ever dropped an egg on to the floor? It's a horrible mess to clean up isn't it? Well let's go a messier step further. I'm carrying in a Dollar General sack with a bottle of laundry detergent and two packages of paper plates in it. First of all, would businesses please teach their employees how to sack things properly?? So as not to digress, I'll move on.
I have my hands full of countless other things, including the Dollar General bag. I walk into my house and sit the infamous yellow bag in the chair, it immediately falls to the floor. I walk away to unload the rest of my belongings elsewhere and come back to the legendary afore mentioned yellow bag that lay on my linoleum floor under my desk. As I bend to pick it up I notice a very large pool of detergent spreading like wildfire.
My first words were mumbled under my breath and to myself and should not be repeated because I am after all a highly favored woman of God. What came out of my mouth was, "oh man"! The person that I live with knows me pretty well and decided to just stay out of my way while I cleaned it up, which I might add took about 45 minutes to do. I did manage to ask rather impatiently if the said person could find me a mop and some towels.....like maybe RIGHT NOW.
I went through countless towels, a full roll of paper towels and several uses of the mop and bucket. And it took about 45 minutes. A five dollar bottle of soap down the drain, literally.
After the mess was cleared up I went to the store for some paper towels and a much needed snack. I'm sure I'll laugh about it soon enough. For now, that's my soap opera for the day, no pun intended.

1 comment:

Debbi Migit said...

Well, at least your floor was clean when you were done! :^)