Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Learning to.......

Have you ever given driving lessons to a loved one? Or have you ever seen a funny movie or television show where someone does?  Do you know how nerve racking it can be to set in the teachers seat while the other person is in control ( hopefully ) behind the wheel?

Recently I gave some lessons to a family member on how to use a new computer, maneuver through e-mail and the Internet. I admit, I was a wreck when it was all over. My loved one wasn't familiar with a built in mouse. She didn't know what clicking on 'this' or 'that' did, "Stop, stop, what did you just do, how did you just do that"? My response was, "it doesn't matter, you wont need to do it". My patience grew thin.

Ok, so it wasn't as tense a situation as teaching someone to drive. But it was close. And it is now laughable. And a worthy subject to write about.

No comments: