Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dangerous!

Last winter I discovered a church in Tremont that was offering daytime Bible studies for women. I jumped at the chance and had my first Beth Moore Bible study adventure. When I heard the church was going to do her new study on Esther, I got really excited! Last week when I was talking to someone from the church about the study, I got goosebumps. Esther is just about every Christian woman's favorite woman in the Bible. It's a very intriguing story, one I learned from Veggie Tales! :-) Did you know God is not even mentioned in the book of Esther? Interesting eh?
Going to this study at a different church is something that I so desperately need. Do you ever get to the point in your own church and it's cliques ( yes, sadly churches have cliques) where if you see or talk to the same person one more time you are going to scream? Or, the opposite, if you don't connect with one person pretty soon you are going to pull your hair out! That's pretty much where I have been for several years actually. I'm a little bit in each category.
If you don't know who Beth Moore is, look her up on the Internet. I still have goosebumps talking about this particular study. The official title is, "Esther, It's Tough Being a Woman"
Beth is funny, genuine and a wonderful teacher on history. Did you know that as women we can scream and get mad at the people we love.......but then on the same day we can cry over someone on the television? That's me. Believe it or not.
As I was watching today's hour long video introduction I laughed, I agreed and I got chills, goosebumps and tears over her statement of when this is all over we women are going to be Dangerous Women of God. That is what this meek and quiet woman wants. I'm going to discover and take my destiny when this is all over!
I'm fired up and ready to write!

No comments: