Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yesterday's Escapade

Take note....it is not my desire to offend anyone by what I'm about to say, if I do....build a bridge and get over it. :-) Yesterday at around two in the afternoon I felt the asthma rearing it's ugly head. I have felt yucky for the past few days, sinus pain and pressure. And I of all people know how it goes when I get to feeling like that. I rebuked it several times and told it that I refused to get sick. After all I am celebrating ten years since that nasty coma episode and I'm not going back there again! I digress....yesterday at around two I felt it. And I decided I needed to go to an 'urgent care'. It was 4:47 when I checked in. You never know what doctor you are going to see when you go to an 'urgent care' facility. My prayer was that I would get one who would just give me what I needed and send me on my way. I've been through this so many times I know what works and what doesn't. My other prayer is that I get one that I can understand. I sometimes wonder if I can't understand him/her, how can they understand me. Very seldom do you come across an American doctor these days. Good, yes he wasn't American but that earring he wore made me understand him better. And my prayer was answered.......he pretty much asked me what I did when I got like this, I told him what meds I needed and that's what he gave me. No questions asked. Cool! Fax my meds over to the pharmacy right across the street here and I'll be on my way!

An hour an a half later............nice, understandable earring wearing doctor faxed my prescriptions to the pharmacy in ANOTHER TOWN!! I miss the days when they scribbled something on a piece of paper and you went to the pharmacy and gave it to someone to read.

I felt worse from exhaustion when I got home than I did when I went to see the doctor.

I'm sure it was just a mistake on his part because I sat right there when he faxed them, he just clicked on the wrong thing.

But I'm sure Dr. House would never do such a thing! Or would he? ;-) Today because of what med I'm on, I have enough energy to finish your Christmas shopping, baking and wrapping with one hand tide around my back, to bad I have my own to do!!

No comments: