Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Furnace Blues


I had a bad day yesterday. Well maybe 'bad' is to strong a word. It just wasn't all that pleasant. Sadly the man who put our new furnace in said he couldn't work on it. Hearing that put me in a bad attitude. I felt as though I was given a brush off and the 'christian' in him was not acting properly. There was no offer of help or suggestion of who might help. So I had to get out the Yellow Pages. I just quickly asked the Lord to lead me to the right place and I found myself calling a place here in town that is owned by Christians....hence the fish on their advertising! I was told they couldn't come out until later in the evening and then put on hold for a minute. The woman came back and said, "I can have someone there between 3-5." That was fine I didn't expect someone right away. At two, the phone rang. The woman told me that the technician was on their way. Cool. He was there in less than five minutes and I wasn't completely ready for him.

Almost four hours, two technicians and $4o0 later my furnace was running. But in between there I shed some tears while alone in the house. I called my sister with updates, and just broke down telling her how nice it would be to not be alone in cases like this. It is the one thing I do not like about being single. I have to go on blind faith that the strange men in my basement know what they are doing and are not cheating me.

It turned out that it probably was a good thing that the guy who put the furnace in did not come to look at it as these two technicians found some 'faulty' problems with it. Hmmmm. That is all I will say on that.

But gee Lord, $400??? And more to come. It was a gentle reminder of the fact that I am single because I have to fully rely on God. If I weren't, knowing the way I am I would rely to much on a man than THE man.




1 comment:

Sydni said...

Good Jenny! I love the last statement more than anything. That was the power punch!