Total Pageviews

Friday, October 29, 2010

If They Could See Me Now

I wish you could have seen me last night. No, wait, on second thought I don't think that would have been wise. Course it is that time of year to be scary! My furnace is not working, yet. And last night as some of us know was the coldest night so far. I broke out the winter pj's, and dove under two big blankets with a crocheted shawl over my head and around my shoulders. I would have worn a hat but I couldn't find one. I laid awake reading for awhile and like a doofus realized I could have been wearing mittens while I did that! The cat, tucked away neatly on the nearby rocking chair, looked at me several times like I was nuts. To warm things up this morning I made a pot of vegetable beef soup. I love to cook and create. I don't like soup. There are only two kinds I tolerate, tomato and potato. But this did make the house smell nice. So I'm still bundled up waiting for the furnace guy to get here. I'm a little aprehensive, a little on the nervous side. He had to go back to the shop for something. We don't have the money for this big repair. But as I so well know, God is in control and all I have to do is ask Him for the peace I need. So what am I waiting for?

What do you do to keep warm?

1 comment:

Janes Family said...

I don't turn on the furnace. I sleep on fleece sheets, which I would highly recommend (I got mine for less than $20 at Kmart) and find that I don't even need an electric blanket. This morning I made Malt-O-Meal, and the kids and I ate it in a blanket fort, which was pretty warm. I also wear pajamas with feet (with long underwear and socks underneath). And I keep moving.