Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday.... Memories

It's a beautiful, crisp, sunny Saturday morning. The sun is actually shining right into my eyes and shutting the blinds wont even help. So I type with a big red ball of light appearing every time I blink. My coffee of choice this morning is Columbian Supremo, it's ok. I usually go to CJ's on Saturday mornings but I have a wedding to go to today, so I'm staying home to have ample time to get ready for that, have to leave the house around eleven.

I'm rather excited about going to a wedding. It will be the second one I've been to in fifteen years or so. I go to funerals a lot more. I decided to go to this wedding because it will be an opportunity to be in the presence of happy, peppy people. People who are experiencing joy and hope. And I like the fact that if you want to live a positive life, you can't hang around negative people all the time. I guess that's one reason I like being alone. Not lonely, there's a difference.

I saw a movie last night on t.v. that brought back some memories of me and my friendship with Lorrie. The movie, "So I Married an Ax Murderer". I remember years ago when that movie came out and she and I went with her friend Wayne and his wife or girlfriend, don't remember, to see that movie. He had some friends with him too. They were all snoody and stuck up and during the movie, she and I and Wayne were laughing our heads off at Mike Myers while every one else just sort of chuckled here and there. As if they were to good to be amused by the stupidity and funness ( is that a word ) of the movie. But you knew deep down inside they really wanted to laugh out loud, they just didn't want to appear amused. Lorrie and I continued to talk about that night for years.

My sister went up and talked to Lorrie and church last Sunday. Lorrie told her all about her treatment being over, her and her sister taking a little trip....but Lorrie never inquired about us. I think she's scared of us, no really, I do! Otherwise she would at least call to see how we are. The two way street of life has a dead end sign on her side.

I move on! Forward! I look back but I don't stay there.

No comments: