Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wedding Day

I've been going to my church for about 30 years.....yes, 30, and today was the second wedding that I have ever attended there. Hmmmm, something wrong with that picture. Funerals a plenty but weddings, not so many. It was a nice ceremony. I probably would have done things differently, but it was casual. I remember when my grandmother remarried, she was in her 70's. My niece and nephew were 1 and 2 weeks old at the time, and one of them cried through the ceremony and grandma said she never heard a peep she was to nervous and concentrated on the ceremony. When I get married I want children at my ceremony, but I also want their parents to have a clue. If your child begins to act up or runs away from you, don't grab said child and walk in front of the couple and the minister and all the guests to get out......that's what side exits are for. If your child begins to act up or runs away from you, don't go back to your seat with them....take them out, far away. Don't wear jeans to a wedding unless it's a cowboy/country themed outdoor ceremony and I hope I never have to attend one of those. If you attempt to comb your 3 year olds hair two seconds before the bride walks down the aisle and the child begins to cry and whine and produce tears.....STOP COMBING! It's a really easy way to get the child to quiet down.

Ok, what else do I like to complain about. Oh yeah, I really don't like it when we as guests have to set there and listen to some sappy song play while the bride and groom stand up front staring at each other. BORING! That's something I wont do. Yes I want a special song, but I don't want to stand and stare at one another.

And then there's the reception......I would be really tempted to have all my photos taken prior to the ceremony. Fifteen minutes top for photos........then we eat!!! Snack table is nice. If it's a buffet.....two lines, keep it moving!

Parents, don't let your kids run loose in a church, especially one that you are not familiar with. Ladies, don't be pigs in the bathroom. Don't take your plate of cake in with you and sit it on the sink while you do your duty. Take a paper towel and wipe up that mess you see on the sink. Don't stand outside the church door and smoke. Tacky tacky tacky. And watch your language. God lives there.

And those are just a few of my friendly gripes about weddings. LOL

No comments: