Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Have You Ever.........


Have you ever thought about getting yourself a relationship with the Lord? Is your life a mess and the worries mounting? Do you not have anything positive to look forward to? If you go to the Lord, you'll find something worth living for.


Everywhere you look in the Bible, God is up to something positive. In the world you look around and your job stinks, your family is in trouble, the economy is rotten and the politicians are worse. But if you look it up in the Bible, the Lord overcomes all of that and in the end you, me and God wins!


Did you know that the Bible, God's word, says, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Only he that believes Jesus Christ is the Lord, will overcome the world". What better promise is there at this time in life?


"My job stinks, I hate it. My children are giving me problems. I can't get any sleep. I'm in such debt it's horrible. Nothing good ever happens" Any of those sound familiar?


First of all, I often think there should have been an eleventh commandment, "Thou shall not whine".


If you look around, ask God to open your eyes to the good things in your life. You HAVE a job. Think of all those that don't and need one. Learn to like what you have or ask Him to give you something new. ( that's another thing the Bible says, His mercies are NEW every morning) God loves doing new things in our lives. We just have to be open to receive them.


Are your children healthy? Think of all those that aren't. Do they play, laugh, talk to you? Then what are you griping about?


Is the sun shining? Is there enough rain? Do the stars shine at night? Do you have food on the table? Then, there is your something positive.


Are you doing anything to help you get some sleep at night? Instead of counting sheep are you talking to the Shepherd? Are you drinking a cup of good for you herbal tea to help you get some zzzz's? Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


Call out to God, get to know Him. Talk to him, he's a good conversationalist. He may not get right back to you, he may want to see that you are serious about getting to know him. But he is there, and he has great plans for you and me.


I don't know about you but I want what He has for me instead of what I have for myself. That's why I, like so many other people have taken Jeremiah 29:11 as their life verse. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Ask God to reveal His plans for your life to you, in the end you'll be glad you did.


When I got serious about my relationship with God I cried out to him, Lord, I want what you have for my life instead of what this world is offering me. And He answered me. He changed my outlook, my attitude and the course my life was taking. I couldn't be living my dreams without Him. No reason for you not to either.


No comments: