Total Pageviews

Monday, November 2, 2009

What a girl goes through

It certainly is interesting what a woman goes through to go away overnight. It's Monday, I leave on Friday and I am almost all packed and ready to go. However, there are things to do to prepare for the trip each day prior to leaving. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Ok, I want to wear a particular shirt on the night of the conference, but it's only Monday, what if I want to wear it before Friday night? Then by at least Thursday I will have to wash it. I can't pack my toothbrush yet because I have to use it and I don't want to spend money on a travel sized one just for an overnight stay. Overnight....that means I will need at least three shirts and two pairs of pants. Really! I can't just go with the clothes on my back, what if I spill something on them? And what if I get up the next morning and I don't feel like wearing those particular jeans, my mood might be for something entirely different! I know guys can just throw this and that in a bag and go. But us girls have social calendars they have to check before they even think about packing the deodorant. What's even more interesting is spending the night in a motel room with women you don't know. Do they snore? Do they wear face cream to bed? Do they mind if I run a little fan just for a bit of noise? How hot do they have to have it in the room, I need to know whether I wear my pj's or my t-shirt to bed. There is just so much to consider?

Anyone know what I'm talking about? :-)

2 comments:

Karen Lange said...

This is funny but so true! I am going away this coming weekend too, and have had similar thoughts. Okay, if I wear these jeans today...and of course, you must have back ups in case you spill something! And what if it is warmer than you thought, or cooler, or just plain not a good hair day? These things all must be considered. Right there with ya, girl! Blessings:)Have fun on your trip!

Janes Family said...

My thoughts usually revolve around what to pack for the kids, so I quite often forget about myself until the last second. Then I just stuff things haphazardly in a bag and hope for the best. Last time we went somewhere I forgot to pack underwear for myself! Fortunately there was a Walmart close by, so now I have some new underwear. :)