Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cheers!

I miss the days when I had friends to go and do things with. Ok, I still have one or two that I do that with. But gee whiz I can remember when I would go and do things like go to a movie, out to eat, to a ballgame, to someones house for fun and games etc etc. Now everyone is to busy with family or some other excuse. Ok, I guess family does come first. But you know there are people out there in the world, in our neighborhood, in our church, in our job.....people that don't have anyone. Not for lack of trying. I read all these books and magazine articles on the importance of doing things with your girlfriends and all that jazz but what do you do if you don't have any? Or can't find any? Or find some that just sort of fizzle out?

I have to admit I have been fighting temptation to go back to the bars. LOL....I mean if you find the right one you can be like a family there.....just like "Cheers". I'm not throwing a pity party, don't anyone come near me with that....I'm just stating facts. Maybe a purpose in everything I'm going through right now is to open some eyes. Not everyone in life is married with children. But we still have things going on in our lives that we could share. I know it's easier for some of us to stop what we are doing at the drop of a hat and go to a movie or out to eat or shopping or_________. But there are also such things as 'plans', not everything has to be spur of the moment.

Anybody want to plan something?

1 comment:

Karen Lange said...

This can be a challenge. Will be praying you find a wonderful kindred friend in your neck of the woods.
Blessings,
Karen