Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My New Title


I had been wanting to change some of the title of my Blog and I asked for a few suggestions. I didn't want to be unique, I wanted to be different! Someone suggested the word "handmaiden" and I began to do some research on the meaning of the word. I didn't really care for the dictionaries answer so I dug a little deeper, into God's kingdom. And then I came across something mentioned in an old Elijah List post and that pretty much helped me make up my mind.


What it boils down to is a handmaiden is a servant of the Lord. Let me share with you the things I read that helped me choose this title and you can go to these places and read if you want, or just take my word for it! :-)



http://www.elijahlist.com/words/display_word/7588
"She is capable, strong, powerful and equipped with the very virtue of Christ. These beautiful ones in the sight of the Lord are mighty women of valor who are hearing the voice of the Lord calling them with clarity. They are not afraid to stand, not afraid to war, not afraid to give preference to their fellow brothers and sisters in genuine Godly humility as they yield themselves as servants and handmaidens of the Lord. The Lord is causing a new Godly confidence to arise from deep within to prepare them for the days ahead as they are given insight, foresight and apostolic strategy that are behind the scenes—the hidden treasures of the Lord who are bursting forth as a prototype of what the Bride of Christ will look like at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb"


And finally.....

Mary stayed with Elizabeth for about three months (and helped her)" (Luke 1:56). The Lord may send you to serve other peoples' miracles before He delivers your own, but He will come through. All of His promises are "yes" and "amen." "Shall I bring you to the point of birth and not give delivery?" (Isaiah 66:7-9

1 comment:

Leslie Householter said...

Jenny, what a promise from the Lord! I desire to be that 'handmaiden' also.
Leslie