Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Angry At God

Have you ever been angry at God? Sure you have, admit it. We tend to blame him for almost everything bad in our lives. The reason we do that? We don't know him as well as we should.

Several months ago I got mad at God. I was hurt, betrayed, sad, let down etc. etc. Because of all those emotions, I also took out my anger on Him. When it all passed I had to laugh. No, I wasn't laughing at God, I was laughing with him.

The funny part was, I could be angry at the one who hurt me and that person could be angry right back at me. We could and did exchange words and parted ways. But when I was angry at God, he was like, "it's ok, I understand, I'm ok with you being angry with me, just remember I love you and I'll wait until you get past this moment in your life, I'll be right here".
If only we would get to know Him better, deeper, more personally, as well as we know the names of our favorite celebrity. When we get the real promise of God in our lives, peace will come into our hearts and joy will be forthcoming! Just look at this promise He has made.....

Psalm 14-16 "If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God, "I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!" ( taken from The Message )

No better person to throw us a party than God!

2 comments:

Janestown said...

Good point, Jenny. I know I've been mad at God a few times in my life, and I'm thankful that He has just waited patiently for me to get over my foolishness and come back to Him!

Sydni Gauwitz said...

You are so right Jenny! I have been so mad at God on several occasions and when I worked through the issue with God, I realized I was never mad at God, I was simply mad at myself. It was easier for me, so I thought, to blame God than to take responsibility for my own actions. He is such an AWESOME GOD! I am so blessed that He is a patient God and continually calls me back to Him, simply because He loves me! Thanks Jenny for this simple and very clear reminder of the blessings and promises of God.

God bless you - Princess Sydni