Total Pageviews

Friday, August 28, 2009

What I've Learned This Week

Some of the things I've learned this week are: it's a privilege and honor to have so much alone time. Do you know how much praying you can get done when you don't have people bothering you so much? :-) My sister-in-law came out of her foot surgery with flying colors. She thought she would have to be in the hospital for 3-4 days and was worried she would have to have a procedure done that would be rather nasty. Instead she came home the very next day and did not have to have the nasty procedure done after all! Maybe the road ahead wont be so long after all I mean look at the prayer that God has already answered concerning that!

Another lifelong family friend has been in the hospital for about 2 months with aspirated pneumonia. She comes home on Tuesday!! And it is again a privilege and honor to go to her house in the next few days and get it in shape for her to come home to. Yes she has a husband but you know how men are with cleaning. :-) She and her husband helped me out when I came home from my long hospital stay all those years ago. The amazing thing is that when she came out of her 2 week coma, she was moving around and even using a pen to write. Me, I couldn't even open my eyes after an 8 day coma! But God worked in both situations in His own way to benefit us.

Another thing I've learned this week, you shouldn't eat chocolate covered peanuts for breakfast.

No comments: