Total Pageviews

Monday, August 17, 2009

Have I Really Forgiven?

To answer a readers question......some people experience sudden relief when they forgive someone. For me it wasn't that way. It was a gradual thing. I told the person I forgave them and didn't stick around long enough for them to say, "forgive me for what". LOL. Actually saying the words out loud or in letter form is the thing to do. Actually the first and foremost thing to do is ask God to help you forgive. Go on about life. Distance yourself from the cause of the hurt.

I recently read or heard someone very wise say that it's easy to forgive but we very seldom ever forget.

More to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

forgiving and walking away is easier than having to face the person. what do you do when you have to be around that person a lot? when you kick the dirt off your feet it can be misunderstood.

Jenny said...

I have to see the person that hurt and betrayed me ever single Sunday in church.....at first it was hard. But I plastered on a smile every time I looked at her and each time I did it got easier. I even started to speak to her here and there. I decided I was going to be the bigger person in it all and for that attitude, I was rewarded with peace about it all.

Janestown said...

Ha ha, that wasn't someone very wise...it was me! :)