Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Have You Ever?

Have you ever wondered why you are going through tough times? Have you ever said, "why did you do this to me God"? Well actually, God had nothing to do with giving you a disease or any other bad thing. How do I know? Because the Bible tells me so! In James 1:17 we are told that "every good and perfect gift" comes from God. Disease is not good nor is it perfect, therefore it is not from God. Very simple. We just make it harder than it has to be.

The Bible also tells us that when we are in the middle of these bad things, we are to praise Him. If you don't think you have anything worth thanking Him for, how about just telling Him how much you appreciate the rain, the sun, the moon, the starts, the mountains, the cornfields, your pets, you kids, your family....see where I'm going here?

It wasn't God who gave me an asthma attack and put me in an 8 day coma. However He did go through it with me and He was there when I came out of it and He made me stronger physically and emotionally because of it.

We did live in a perfect world until our ancestor Adam sinned against God. That means man is to blame, not God.

I like the chorus to a "Casting Crowns' song that says:
And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm

"Hey don't blame me, it wasn't my fault" God

2 comments:

Janes Family said...

Interesting post. I love that Casting Crowns' song, but I respectfully disagree with the idea that God doesn't give us trials. He does give us every good and perfect gift, and one of those gifts is suffering! The Bible contains several examples of God giving us suffering and trials to humble us, drive us to our knees, and strengthen our faith. 1 Peter 4:19 says, "So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good." God is sovereign over everything, including our trials. It doesn't mean He loves us any less, just that He is the Creator of everything and is in control of it all.

Anonymous said...

God loves us and wants our attention. He only wants good things for us. Jesus suffered so why shouldn't expect some? God truly loved Jesus. He loves us and will do what is needed to bring us to Himself. We need to get over a pain free life and learn how to walk close to God no matter what. I saw this recently "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.... It's about learning how to dance in the rain"