Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Got Problems?

Well it's a cool summer morning and I have enjoyed it so far by walking to Ernie's for an unhealthy breakfast. I just couldn't stand one more bowl of cereal or one more piece of whole wheat toast here at home. Do you know what I mean? There's a load of laundry in the washing machine, I'm going to get myself a much needed haircut this morning and then do a bit of shopping in Peoria with one of my sisters.

While checking my Facebook page awhile ago I got to thinking about something.Therefore I jumped on my blog to write it down for everyone to read!

I have several Facebook friends who seem to be going through a lot of difficult times. There are those who share and those who don't. I can always tell though even if they don't share that something is amiss. It's a gift I have. :-)

My human nature wants to scream, 'you aren't the only one, get over it and find something to make you happy'. But that's not the right thing to do.

One of the right things to do is to remind them, in a nice way, what the Bible says about all this. John 16:33......."I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Yes we are all going to have problems from time to time, but the wonderful promise is that God is there to give us peace about it all so that we can function in joy.

The other day a friend of mine made a comment about loosing her joy for the day......she then responded, 'nevermind, I found it again....I counted my blessings'.

Know that there is always one person worse off than you are and find a way to do something to help them. You will be amazed at how it might change your own circumstances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true, so very true!